Langford Village Academy is proud to belong to Bedfordshire Multi Academy Trust (BEST). This is an organisation that provides support and challenge to its member academies who serve our local community, as we aim for outstanding education for all our children.
Presently, there are six Academies in BEST – Langford Village Academy, Gravenhurst, Gothic Mede, Robert Bloomfield, Etonbury and Samuel Whitbread. BEST has had many successes in its short life span – helping individual Academies to improve - with better Ofsted grades, providing considerable new build on our school sites, increasing pupils’ opportunities and establishing a Teaching School.
BEST's structure is designed to provide services and leadership which allows individual academies to focus on children's development and well-being - though our prime objective of ensuring excellent learning and teaching. We expect each academy will provide…
1. Excellent teaching standards to allow our children to reach their potential and we set the highest expectations.
2. A modern and vibrant curriculum which prepares our children to lead successful lives.
3. Support that overcomes barriers to learning.
4. The excellent learning environments that our children deserve.
5. Extra-curricular opportunities that develop our children into well-rounded individuals.
“We are committed to serving our local community and we will consider schools and organisations joining our organisation, or working in partnership with us, if they share our aspirations."
Please click here to view the BEST Directors Report and FInacial Statements for the year ending 31st August 2014.
If you are interested in finding out more about the work of BEST, please contact Ikite@bestacademies.org.uk. BEST offices are based at BEST House, at the front of Samuel Whitbread Academy.